For more details and advanced features, please consult the ANEMAN User Manual.
For ANEMAN troubleshooting, see ANEMAN User Manual Troubleshooting section.
- Start the ANEMAN application :
On Windows, click on the ANEMAN shortcut on your desktop
On Mac OS, click on the ANEMAN button from the Merging RAVENNA/AES67 panel in your System Preferences.
- In the World view (by default, on the left hand side), locate your computer.
Depending on the platform you use, it will be named MassCore, ASIO, or CoreAudio with your computer name between brackets.
Drag your computer icon in the Pinned Zone.
Now locate your RAVENNA/AES67 device in the world view, and drag it in the Pinned zone.
To easily ensure that all the devices are running at the same sampling rate, add a sampling rate zone.
It will show up as a blue square in the pinned zone, now drag your 2 devices in that zone.
Now you need to select which device will be the master, in a simple setup you should select your computer.
Drag it on the Crown icon at the top of the Sampling Rate zone, it will become green to show you the Master device.
Select both devices, this will populate the Matrix View on the right.
You can make now make connections between the devices:
Click in the Matrix to connect a RAVENNA device inputs and outputs on your computer, the connections will first appear green.
Once you have prepared the required connections, click on Apply Multicast (default connection type for RAVENNA AES67 network) or Apply Unicast
(On previous Aneman versions, only Apply Changes was available, connections were always Multicast)
ANEMAN will now make the connections between the devices, the connections will turn Purple to confirm the connections are established and working (will turn Blue for Unicast connections)
If a module is collapsed, ANEMAN will connect all its channels at a time. If it is uncollapsed, you can connect individual channels.
To collapse / uncollapse all modules from a device, hold Shift and click on the icon.
To disconnect a stream, click on the required connection in the Matrix, the connections will turn light red.
Click on Apply changes, the connection will be removed.
- To remove all the connections on several devices, select the required devices.
Then go in the Action menu, and select Clear Selected Connections.
- To clear all the connections on your network, go in the Action menu and select Clear All Connections.
As this removes ALL connections between ALL the devices, you have to confirm this action, use with caution !
- To save a connection preset, select the required devices then go in the Action Menu and select Save Connections.
If no devices are selected, the whole network connection state will be saved.
- To recall a connection preset, go in the Action Menu and select Recall Connections.
This will apply the saved connections on the already existing connections, meaning that some I/O may already be in use.
In that case a Clear Selected Connections might be required before recalling the connections.
- To change the color or remove a Zone, SHIFT + right click on it to show its contextual menu.
- To access a device web app, right click on its icon in the World / Pinned view to access its contextual menu.
- Info Box : at any time you can get information on a connection by hovering the cursor on the connection in the Matrix view.
- TimeCode can only be connected to MassCore devices.
For ASIO or CoreAudio/VAD, see their respective guides
- To quickly delete connections with a device that is no longer present (and therefore that you can't select), right click on the modules top row and select Delete receiver.
- Current limitation : the inputs and outputs cannot be renamed in ANEMAN
- Current limitation : ANEMAN cannot set the devices framing/latency.