You may need to completely uninstall Pyramix, VCube, Ovation, AMR, Merging RAVENNA ASIO or Merging Audio device driver, for example if you have to re-install a previous version.
MassCore users should NOT uninstall MassCore engine (IntervalZero RTX) unless requested by email@example.com
MTCleanup utility is backward compatible, you may use it with any previous Pyramix, Ovation, VCube, AMR, Merging RAVENNA ASIO or Merging Audio device driver version.
- Licenses :
The cleanup process will remove your Merging Technologies licenses, you will have to enter your keys when you have re-installed.
Safenet dongle : Make sure you have your authorization key file (.mtk) at hand, matching the software version you will re-install.
You can get a copy of your key file in your my.merging.com/ account.
QLM Security : Please first deactivate your license(s) before uninstalling. Make sure you have your Activation key at hand, matching the product version you will re-install.
If you can't access the MTSecurity panel, you can still deactivate the license with the QLM SelfHelp Tool, see this page for details
Pyramix / Ovation:
- Your settings can be saved using Save button in the All Settings page (ALT+G).
- Macros and keyboard shortcuts can be saved in their respective pages.
- FX Rack presets can be saved using Save Preset>Save to File function.
- Layout and Templates are stored in MyDocuments>Merging Technologies folder.
- If you use a specific desktop layout, first save it in Settings>Application>Desktop Layout.
- VCube : Presets can be saved in the Presets tab.
- Keyboard shortcuts can be saved in the Shorcut tab
- Back Up your Plugins Settings from C:\ProgramData\Merging Technologies\Plugins list (.pms files)
- Other Pyramix Settings (such as Monitor, FX Rack, Final Check, and more) can be found from C:\Users\<USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Merging Technologies\Pyramix
Do not save those settings in the Documents/Merging Technologies folder.
Uninstall the program in Windows control panel > Programs & Features (and AMR,VCube, MTUSBSync,…if you have these)
Unzip in any convenient place and run the MTCleanup utility (more infos in the README file if required)
32 bits OS : MTCleanup_x86.zip
64 bits OS : MTCleanup_x64.zip
YOU NEED TO BE LOGGED AS ADMINISTRATOR TO USE IT : right click on the MTCleanup and select Run as Administrator.
Reboot your PC and then reinstall Pyramix, Ovation, VCube and /or AMR.
You’ll have to go through MTSecurity Settings and re-enter your keys.
Safenet dongle users : Double click on your .mtk file with MTSecurity Settings close, or click on Import Keys in MTSecurity Settings.
QLM Security : Use the License wizard in the QLM tab.
Except for AMR, you will also have to go in VS3 Control Panel to configure the applications.
Note for Ovation users : when reinstalling Ovation after a cleanup, the installer may throw an "Internal Error 2623" message.
In such case please stop the installation and relaunch it.