Even if the RAVENNA ASIO driver can run on any Gigabit Ethernet Adapter, including the onboard one, it is recommended to use a dedicated card.
Separate Network card is recommended for better RAVENNA ASIO performancesperformance.
Merging recommends Intel Gigabit network adapters.
In Windows Control Panel > Device Manager, locate the network adapters, select your card and access its Properties.
It is important to disable any power management feature.
Green Ethernet / Energy efficient Ethernet must be disabled.
It is usually in a Power Management tab, but it can depend of on the NIC manufacturer - model :
- Jumbo packet is not supported.
- Interrupt Moderation : can sometimes help to reduce sinks jitter when disabled (default is enabled)
- Receive Side Scaling must be enabled (Default value).
- Receive Side Scaling Queues must be set to 1 (Default value) (very poor performances with 2 queues)
- Performances Performance options : should be left to default values : Adaptive Inter-Frame Spacing Disabled / Flow Control : RX & TX / Interrupt Moderation rate : Adaptive (will have no effect if Interrupt Moderation is disabled) / Receive Buffers : 256 / Transmit Buffers : 512.