As of Pyramix 11 :
All Pyramix Packs excluding the Native Essential Pack will include Video support for the following formats and codecs:
Mov: ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes 422 LT, ProRes 422 Proxy, DV25, DV50, H264
MXF: DV25, DV50
Supported Optional codecs that come at an additional cost to the Pyramix pack:
Mov or MXF: DNxHD (8bit), XDCAM SD/IMX, MPEG2HD/XDCAM HD, AVCi , DVCpro
- To avoid memory consumption and impact on audio performance, work with intra-frame proxy files whenever possible (DNxHD, ProRes, DV)
- H264 and MPEG2 codecs are not recommended for editing (not intra frame)
- MPEG2SD/IMX and MPEG2HD/XDCAM HD are supported by Pyramix in the .mov or .mxf file formats but not in .mpeg
- Video files should be on separate drive, especially for heavy Pyramix projects
- AVI and MPEG(or mpg) containers not supported.
- 10bit DNxHD is not supported (performance issue)
DNxHD 75-120 is currently not supported
H264 is an optional codec for Encoding that can be done via VCube Render only.
Decoding H264 (playback) does not require any additional authorization key.