In VCube, you can also use the LTC in and out coming from your Horus or Hapi device.
VCube 5.1.x or above required
SUB D15 Sync breakout cable (CON-D15-VTC)
- Plug your the Sub D15 Sync cable on your Horus/Hapi
- Plug your LTC input and or output on this cable
- Download and install RTP MIDI, that will allow to create Networked MIDI ports.
- Start RTP Midi
- Create a new session, by clicking on the + icon under My Sessions section and enter a name (RAVENNA LTC in our example).
- In the Directory section, select both yourdevicename_LTC_In and LTC_Out and click on Connect to add it in the Particpants section.
- Start VCube
- In VCube, go in Settings > Formats&Sync> MIDI Timecode Input and click on its Settings button.
- Select the Apple MIDI Session you have create in RTP MIDI.
- Activate the Midi TimeCode Input
- Set the Chase TC Source to Midi TimeCode (MTC)
It is highly recommended to use a common video ref between Horus/Hapi and the other devices that will use the TimeCode.
Otherwise, the synchronization between the devices will drift over time.