- For installation information please refer to the Ovation V8 Installation Guide.
- New save special as v7
Ovation v8 shows are not backward compatible with Ovation 7.x, users must perform a Save Special > Save Show as Version 7 in order to open such show in Ovation 7.x
Note: Ambisonic v8 Shows are not fully compatible with Ovation v7
- Ovation Launch: Be patient before opening show, wait until Ovation is fully launched, as screen can become unresponsive during Ovation Startup.
- Custom installation not recommended, under certain scenario some components will not install correctly (registration dll error).
- Ambisonic support : Ambisonic Bus channel types cannot be changed.
- Ambisonic support: Panner Divergence control has no effect in Ambisonic Encoding/Panning for now
Ambisonic support: Pyramix Mixer currently does not allow multichannel connections for an Ambisonic input Strip for remote MicPre.
Please use the Web Access PreAmps page for Horus and Hapi
- MTFF file format is not suitable for ultimate performance. Please in such case use BWF/WAVE.
- Merging recommends that all cues are at the Show sampling rate for best performance.
- Merging recommends for the best performance that all media cues are played from SSDs if RAID configuration is required.
- Mixer Dynamic Automation Known limitations:
The following mixing console components of the mixing console supported by Ovation dynamic automation are:
• Panning Control
• VS3 plug-ins
• VST plug-ins
The following mixing console components are NOT supported by Ovation dynamic automation:
• General Mixing Busses controls
• Legacy busses controls and panners