This issue is fixed since Pyramix 11.1.6 / Ovation 7.1.6 (MassCore RTX 3.6.2)
You have applied the Microarchitectural Data Sampling Windows update (released May 14, 2019), and your computer does not start anymore in MassCore mode :
- On Windows 10, the computer freezes after the boot menu or when reaching the Windows login page.
The Windows update KB number depends on your Windows version :
Windows 10 1809 - October 2018 Update : KB 4494441
Windows 10 1803 - Spring Creator : KB4499167
Windows 10 1709 - Fall Creator: KB4499179
Windows 10 1703 - Creator: KB 4499181
Windows 10 1607 - Anniversary: KB4494440
As of today the only solution is to uninstall those updates.
Merging Technologies and our third party partner IntervalZero are currently working on this compatibility issue.
- Windows 10 :If Windows asks you if you want to use the Advanced repair options, please do not use it, and press on Restart my PC.
- On Windows boot menu, do not select the Windows 10 (MassCore) option, but start using the standard Windows 10.
- Go in Windows Start menu > Settings > Update and Security, and click on Update History.
In the Update History window, click on Uninstall Updates.
- Locate and select the "Security update for Windows (KBxxxxxxx)" in the list (see above for the exact KB number depending of your Windows version).
Then click on Uninstall.
Windows will uninstall the update, and you will need to reboot with the standard Windows boot until the uninstall process is fully finished.
You can then reboot with the Windows (MassCore) option.
Now we must also prevent Windows to reinstall this update.
- On Windows 10 :
Download the Microsoft Show Hide Update tool.
Unzip and run this tool.
Click on Next, the tool will first scan and populate its updates list.
Select Hide Updates
Locate and select the Windows update based on the KB number (see above for the exact KB number depending of your Windows version)
(you may need to hold your mouse cursor on an update to see all details)
When the uninstall process is finished, click on Close, and restart the computer.
You can now use your MassCore system, and Windows will not install this specific update anymore.