When Dante devices are connected to a Cisco switch configured with the Merging configuration file, an additional configuration step is required.
Dante AES67 users have to add IP Multicast Groups :
Once the configuration file has been applied, and the switch has been rebooted.
- Connect to the Cisco Administration page (default address with Merging configuration file is 169.254.1.254)
- Make sure the Display Mode of the Cisco Administration page is set to Advanced
- Browse to Multicast > IP Multicast Group Address and click on Add.
- Enter VLAN ID 1 (assuming you have 1 VLAN) and enter 220.127.116.11 as IP Multicast Group Address.
Click on Apply.
- Now select the 18.104.22.168 Group and click on Details.
Set the ports connected to Dante devices to Static and click on Apply.
- Repeat the same operation for addresses 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
(Example with Dante devices on port 9-10).