Using Anubis to monitor any RAVENNA/AES67 streams available over a same network.
Such Setup could be applicable in Broadcast where an Anubis station could monitor streams from various production rooms or in an educational classroom where a teacher could monitor each student station from his local Anubis and as well in Live where a sound engineer could monitor each musician Anubis stream.
RAVENNA/AES67 streams have to be available over the same network to which Anubis is connected to.
AoIP stream listener supports a maximum of 8 channels per stream.
Warning: Owners of Non-Merging RAVENNA/AES67 devices, must refer to the Merging and AES67 Devices Guide
- Anubis should be setup for monitoring, refer to the basic monitoring use case.
Have streams available over the network. Those streams would in most situations be connections between other RAVENNA/AES67 devices or could be between a Horus and a DAW, or between two RAVENNA/AES67 nodes.
Nothing prevents a user to monitor streams between a single Anubis and a DAW as the AoIP stream Listener can monitor any source available from within the Listener source dialog.
- Once you do have streams available create a New Source Listener from the Anubis Settings>Source. By factory one AoIP source listener should already be available.
Note: a Source Listener has very few parameters to configure, only name and trim are applicable.
- From the Anubis Source Page open the AoIP Listener dialog by tapping the AoIP entry on the left
- The Listener Dialog should open and be populated with the available RAVENNA/AES67 on your network.
- Tap the Stream you wish to Monitor.
- To close the Listener Dialog, tap the AoIP Entry on the left, or Tap anywhere outside the dialog
You are ready to monitor any stream RAVENNA/AES67 over your network from your Anubis locally.
Notes : AoIP Stream Listener does not provide selectable speaker control from the Monitor Page.