- For users performing an upgrade from the previous Merging RAVENNA ASIO driver, you must first uninstall it from the Windows Programs and reboot prior to installing the Merging Audio Device.
- Warning: The Merging Audio Device Infrastructure pack requires the Security installation, which is compatible with Pyramix 25th, Ovation 9, VCube 9 version and greater.
The Infrastructure Pack is not supported on previous Meging's version.
- Download the installer from Merging Technologies website
- The Merging Audio Device driver can be installed on PC systems which do not have Pyramix / Ovation installed, but at least one Merging RAVENNA/AES67 device is required before the driver will function if third party RAVENNA/AES67 devives are present.
- A standard Network Gigabit Adapter is required.
- Windows 10 Pro - 64 bit
See this page for details on Windows OS compatibility
Windows 7 SP1 is NOT supported (WDM bridge not available)
- Disable Windows UAC (User Account Control).
Set it to Never notify and restart the computer.
Note : Administrator rights are required to modify the UAC setting.
Merging also recommends to configure your antivirus and firewall when working in RAVENNA/AES67
- Download the latest Merging Audio Device driver from www.merging.com
- Launch the Merging Audio Device driver Installer file.
Note : The installer may warn of pending requirements (Bonjour & Microsoft Redistributable C++)
Accept and proceed with these installations.
Accept the software license agreement.
When the installation is finished, restart the computer, as prompted by the installer.
Plug the Ethernet cable from the Merging RAVENNA/AES67 device / network switch on a standard Network Adapter on your computer, and turn on the device.
Note : RAVENNA network should not be mixed with other network types. Merging recommends to use a separate adapter.
The MassCore NIC (NET-MSC-GBEX1) is not working with ASIO, it is only compatible with MassCore.
When the computer has rebooted open the Merging Audio Device Panel to configure the driver.Windows Start Menu - All Programs > Merging Technologies > Merging Audio Device
- RAVENNA / AES67 Settings
Primary adapter : lists all available network ports. Select the network adapter your Merging RAVENNA/AES67 device is connected to.
Secondary adapter : allows ST2022-7 running mode (redundancy). This feature requires a 2022-7 license.
Latency : select the Frame mode in use ; AES67 based on 6/12/48 samples (default) or RAVENNA based on 16/32/64 samples.
Your devices all have to be on the same frame mode multiples.
- ASIO Settings
Master ASIO Host :
Allows to set a Master application, that will act as a Master sampling rate device.
This list is dynamically populated, the first time you start an application set to use the Merging Audio device, it will be added to the list.
When a Master ASIO host is set, other applications cannot change the sampling rate.
If left to Default, any application can change the sampling rate any time.
If set to Merging Audio Device, you can set the sampling rate from the panel, and ASIO applications cannot change it.
For further details on the Master ASio Host setting and limitation, see the MAD panel settings page.
For further details on sample rate configurations, please see this page.
Sample rate :
Allows to set the sampling rate, if the Master ASIO Host is set to Merging Audio Device, or if the Master ASIO Host set is not started.
Please note that DSD sampling rates are not accessible, it must be set from the ASIO DAW.
Buffer size :
In 48 (AES67) Framing mode, buffer sizes available are 768 - 384 - 192 (default) - 96 - 48 samples (based on 1Fs 44.1/48 kHz)
In 64 (RAVENNA) Framing mode, buffer sizes available are 1024 - 512 - 256 - 128 - 64 samples (based on 1Fs 44.1/48 kHz)
A buffer size of 192 (AES67) or 256 (RAVENNA) samples is recommended, usually stable value for all available sampling rates.
Mix safe mode : disabling Mix safe mode will reduce the ASIO latency when one application is using the Merging Audio device.
The counterpart is that you may also get a drop / glitch when you start other applications using MAD.
- Channel Settings
Inputs and Outputs :
The maximum number of Inputs and Outputs available are 128 @1Fs, 64 @2Fs, 32 @4Fs and 16 @8Fs
Bridge Channels are dedicated Internal MAD channels, that allows routing between applications.
Note : All ASIO channels will use some bandwidth and CPU processing even if not connected to RAVENNA/AES67 devices.
Don't set it to 128 if you only need 8 !
- WDM Settings
Enable WDM : Enable / disable MAD as Windows sound device.
Inputs / Outputs : Sets the number of inputs / outputs in the MAD Windows sound device (2-4-6-8)
Inputs / Outputs Map : map the WDM channels into the MAD channels.
- Click on Apply to confirm the settings.
You should then see the available device(s) on the network in the Network Configuration section.
- You can now configure the ASIO Host application(s) you wish to use with the Merging Audio Device driver.
- For Pyramix / Ovation users, the VS3 Control Panel must be first opened and the Merging Audio Device selected under I/O Selection - Driver Name.
Note: The Bridge Channels will be summed with the Inputs and Outputs channels.
- Now please use ANEMAN (or the devices Advanced pages) to establish the audio connections.
- See also the Merging Audio Device panel settings page for more details.
- If you have a dedicated network adapter for RAVENNA / AES67 network, please see the optimized adapter configuration page.
- In case of issues, please consult the Merging Audio Device Troubleshooting page.