- The Merging Audio Device runs one single sampling rate for ASIO.
Meaning that all ASIO instances (clients) will run at the same sampling rate as the Master ASIO device.
- DSD currently not supported with WDM bridge. Please convert to 352.8 kHz (some applications may convert DSD to 352.8 in real-time, such as Foobar 2000 with SACD plugin, Signalyst HQ Player, Jriver,...)
- The WDM Bridge cannot be set as Master Host.
- Some WDM applications do not support WDM settings change while running, and needs to be reloaded for the changes to apply.
- Some WDM applications are not compatible with 352.8/384 kHz sampling rates. See this page for help and list of compatible applications
- Some WDM applications only supports the WDM bridge set to 2 channels (VLC, Spotify,...). See this page for help and workaround.
- Windows 7 is NOT supported (WDM Bridge not compatible)
- Specific ASIO hosts may prevent sampling rate changes when Merging Audio Device is set as Master ASIO Host. In such case, set another running ASIO Host as Master.
Known ASIO host triggering this issue : AIMP.
- Merging Audio Device may fail to start if the Windows "Fast Startup" feature is enabled. See Windows Control Panel - Power Options - Choose what the power buttons do.
- When running Roon in General Mode, please set the number of output channels to 128 when playing DXD/DSD files.
- AVID ProTools must be set as Master ASIO Host, as it needs to have full control of the device to run properly.
Due to the additional mixing capabilities, the Merging Audio Device driver uses a bit more resource than the previous Ravenna ASIO driver.
In case of performance problems, user needing to match the performance of the previous RAVENNA ASIO driver should first consider disabling the Mix Safe mode and WDM within the MAD panel in order to have equivalent resources handling as the previous RAVENNA ASIO Driver.